Saturday, April 28, 2012

Brother. Here. YAY!

My brother arrived safe and sound last night.  It is so nice to have someone we love to come visit.  Of course the first thing I did was take him out to our town for a walk and to taste some of the local goodies! Today was absolutely beautiful outside, as you will see from the pictures.  I tried to pick the best out of all the pictures I took today, but there is still a lot.  And expect there to be a lot more to come these next 10 days!!  I would like to share them with you! So here you are, brother Daniel's first day here in Sicily.  It is safe to say that other than DH and I and our parents, there is no one who loves this little baby more...

Getting ready



Sicilian pastry: Ham, cheese, tomato sauce and caramelized onions..my mouth
watered watching him eat this...



Her lil feet stuffed in these sandals...cracks me up

through the glass

Espresso

These pack a punch!

Traditional Sicilian cookies

Partaking in the fresh mountain waters

ET phone home?

Greenery

On the wall of the City Hall

Lizard Truck

These things are tiny

Stretching

Nope. I don't want to stand right now!



Pretty flowers








Her lil puffy eyes. 

Best strawberries hands down. So sweet

Huge Zuchinnis.  The volcanic ash produces some mighty large produce!

I felt like a paparazzi

Walking back home with some goodies


Silly girl
Goodies we picked up: Fresh salami, cheese, and fresh bread.

Dipped in Olive oil and balsamic with basil and parsley. 

Zoe partaking in the goodies 
Yum she says! 
So serious..





Getting silly before bath time


4 comments:

  1. I, too, am very close with my brother, and reading this makes me miss him even more. P.s. that pastry looks unbelievable. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these pictures! and that bum....too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mercy...zoe's profile looks like her grandma's....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww so glad your brother could come visit!!! My cousin (who is also my best friend) flew in from Chicago for a long weekend and it seriously revived my soul :) Family always makes things better! Hope you enjoy the rest of his visit! XO Lori

    ReplyDelete

Lovely for you to stop by... :)