Friday, August 10, 2012

Pseudo-Rice...

....Also known as cauliflower rice.

I just discovered this beauty that can be made in place of rice.
I love rice. Not because I am asian, (maybe?) but I just love rice. All kinds of it.  Before going Paleo I would eat 'healthier' rice, like brown rice or barley rice etc.  Obviously I haven't been eating it as of late and I have come to miss it a little bit.

So in my daily search on the interwebs for Paleo recipes I came across cauliflower rice.

DUH!! why didn't I think of this earlier??  I have already made pseudo mashed potatoes before out of cauliflower.  Which is actually really good...and tricks my brain and I think I'm really eating REAL mashed potatoes.

Cauliflower rice deserves a try I say!! (can you tell? I get really excited about food.)

And let me tell you, it is good.  Its not quite the glutinous, steamy, sticky delicious Korean white rice that I grew up eating but it is a very good substitute that is super easy and quick and most of all...Paleo! (well most of all healthy)



Here is the recipe, I urge you to try this, even if you aren't Paleo. Just for a healthier alternative. :)

Pseudo-Rice (4-6 servings)

1 Head of cauliflower
2-3 tbsp Coconut oil ( this added a very subtle, nutty sweetness to the bitter cauliflower)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder to taste (or any other seasonings really)

Directions:

Cut up the cauliflower into small chunks then pulse in food processor until it has reached rice consistency.

Heat up the coconut oil on medium, the add all the cauliflower.
Add your spices, and cook for 10-15 minutes, then cover for a few minutes off the heat.
Serve, eat, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely for you to stop by... :)