Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pho'n!

Hello faithful readers! (My mom...and mother in law...and my brother..)

A couple of days ago our friend Todd and his lovely lady friend Silvia invited us over to their place to have some home-made Pho.  For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a vietnamese soup with  meat and noodles in a bone broth base, (there are also a bunch of special pho spices throw in there that I don't know of..but they are divine) and you add in basil, cilantro, jalapenos, lemon, and a lot of sriacha sauce! Also known as 'hangover' soup.  This is some good stuff... I haven't had it in so so long, when they told me that they knew how to make it my eyeballs got really wide and I said that I must have some!! Noodles aren't really on the Paleo list of foods...but I let myself have a couple bites.
Pictured here is DH's bowl.  I threw on a bit too many jalapenos for him, I believe his exact words were "I don't think I've ever eaten anything this spicy in my entire life."

Pho. YUM!

I didn't make mine too spicy because I was sharing with Zoe. She wasn't too much a fan of it, but she did eat like 10 lumpia, ( mini egg-rolls) so she might have been a bit full!!

It was a fun evening spent with friends and good food. 




There were a couple suprises this night. 

First, Todd's dog Cora is the spitting image of Margo.  I would like to call her 'Margo Lite'.
Aside from being lighter in color and a tad bit smaller, Cora looked identical to our dog Margo.  Even her temperament was identical.  Really mellow, sweet, and so cuddly.  


Cora, aka Margo Lite


We may have traumatized her...Cora, that is

The second suprise was one of those rare moments in life that just make you go, man. That was so random, but awesome! (well, for me at least).  So there's this movie, called 'The Brotherhood of the Wolf'.  Its a french movie and I watched it a long time ago with my bestie Sarah and her hubby.  It instantly turned into one of my favorites.  Now that we have apple TV here in Sicily, we are able to rent movies directly from Itunes and watch them...I have been wanting to show DH this movie for some time now, but Itunes doesn't have it (why??) and I've contacted them to request it...but no success.  I guess I could have just ordered it maybe from amazon or something? But alas, I gave up and just figured we would watch it when we got home to America.
When we were at Todd and Silvias we were trying to figure out a movie to put on.  Todd was looking through his collection and says, "hey have you guys seen Brotherhood of the Wolf?" He's holding up a DVD and I am speechless for a moment. I screamed, elated, overjoyed, and couldn't believe that he had the movie!! Being a foreign film and not so well known it was just so unexpected. So I proceed to excitedly tell everyone that I had been trying to get this movie for quite some time but with no success.  It's not so exciting to everyone else... le sigh. After hearing myself say it and reading it now, here, it kind of seems petty. But, you know who will appreciate this????!! Sarah. And I know you are reading this.  So...if all the rest of you think I'm a weirdo at least my best friend Sarah understands!!!


Ok, I'm done with my shpeel.  

Anywho, here are a few more pictures from our evening.  I hope everyone is having a great week!

My cutie hubs

Her feet got a little dirty...

 I dont think we will need a crib back home!







3 comments:

  1. I better check the movie out since my daughter is a wolf maniac. It is always nice to spend the time with good people and good food. Pho is my favorite Vietnamese food and I can eat everyday. Loved reading your post, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks holly, means a lot that you stopped by my blog. I also love pho and cant wait to eat so much more of it when we get home!! along with korean bbq and kimchi jigae. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is appropriatе timе to make а few ρlanѕ for the longer term and it іѕ
    tіme to be happy. Ι have reaԁ this
    poѕt anԁ if Ӏ сould I desire tо counsеl you some attention-grabbing
    thingѕ or ѕuggestionѕ. Perhaρs you can
    ωrite next articlеs relating to this artісle.
    I ωant to read evеn more things аpproximаtely it!


    Look at mу blοg ... The Tao Of Badass

    ReplyDelete

Lovely for you to stop by... :)