Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summertime chilled 'pasta'

I recently found this recipe from delightedmomma.com .

I have made zucchini noodles before, but i had cooked them on a pan and for too long, so they were kind of mushy and not that good.  So I kind of gave up on that for awhile.

If you are going to make this, I recommend getting a julienne peeler to give you skinny, noodle like zuchinnis.

In this recipe, you don't cook the zucchinis but you just salt them a bit and let them drain out for about 30 minutes.  And voila! you have zucchinni noodles!!

This is a great recipe to try before the summer is over, to eat on a warm night with your lovers and friends.

The original recipe doesn't have meat in it, but DH and I need our proteins so in my version I added some Italian sausage I got out in town! You can add anything you want to it really, chicken, shrimp, etc.  DH was suprised at how good this was, honestly I was too! So head on over to The Delighted Momma's blog (link above) and you can see the recipe there.

Here is how my version turned out:


Zoodles with Italian sausage

Delicious, healthy, fresh ingredients. Ze best! Have a great weekend all!


1 comment:

  1. looks good....but I really love the plate you served it in..
    I laugh when I think how those plates from Mimi's are spread from one coast to the other and overseas to Sicily...!

    zuchinni - I'll eat'em fried, baked in bread, cakes, I've never tried as noodles:-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely for you to stop by... :)